Wednesday, November 3, 2010

They will drink it up

I will begin this blog with a cliched post about what this blog is going to be about. As I am so very late to the blog-o-sphere, it is probably already cliched to say that what I am doing is cliched. Never the less, I am doing it anyway. Here are a few of the burning questions that I am sure you are not asking yourself:

Why is this happening?
This blog was conceived on any other college evening as I was talking to my good friend and co-author Rob. I was a bit too sleep deprived from a near all-nighter the night before, and said you know what, lets make a blog.


What is this blog about?
Everything, and yet nothing. There is no defined purpose of this blog, no grand agenda or scheme. I just like to rant and argue. Judging by our personalities, you can expect topics ranging from politics, books, movies, international development, sports to just about anything else. Some posts will be shorter, some will be longer. All will be intelligent. (By the way, for you conservatives out there, I want to warn you know that I am hopelessly liberal)


Who are you?
I'm a college student attending Tufts University outside of Boston Massachusetts. I study international relations and community health, and would like to focus on international development. I will let Rob introduce himself.


Who are we?
Most likely family and friends. Maybe one or two other people who think we have something worth saying. If you need more of an answer to this question, you have your own existential issues.


Whats in a name?
As with the title of this question, it is reference from popular culture or history. You can figure out where we derive the title of this blog from, but I just want to be clear: We are not oil tycoons and ultra capitalists, nor are fatalistic aliens. 


Whats next?
I don't know. I will tell you as soon as I figure that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment