Thursday, November 4, 2010

So it goes...

Well David did most of the explaining for me, but as for myself, I’m also a college student, attending Syracuse University. I’m dual majoring in Journalism and Psychology, and I’m looking to pursue a career as a writer for a magazine or newspaper.

The idea for this blog came about on an evening not too long ago, when David and I were commiserating and fearfully speculating on what the country would look like in the morning. On this particular night, America was about to collectively drink a hot cup of tea.

We were joking around about the Tea Party takeover of America and I said something like: “Sarah Palin is riding a glacier of ridiculousness down from Alaska which will send the U.S. into a poltical ice age”. After much laughter ensued, the idea emerged that we might as well take our opinions and start a blog.

As David mentioned, this blog is about absolutely anything, within reason, that we think you might find interesting or engaging. Of course it’ll be influenced by our own opinions and personalities, but we’re hoping you’ll enjoy what we have to say most of the time.

We’ll talk about whatever comes up in any aspect of the world that seems worth mentioning, but don’t be surprised if I throw in a movie or T.V. show review every so often, because that’s my wheelhouse. Plus if I know David there will probably be some book reviews as well.

While for the most part you will be predominately friends and family for a while, we look forward to entertaining you, and hopefully a larger future audience, with well-constructed intelligent arguments, some unconventional or outrageous banter, and ideally some humor as well.

Oh, if you don’t understand the references that comprise the blog’s title, go read some Kurt Vonnegut books and watch There Will Be Blood; you won’t regret it.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't resist the urge to be your first post, reminiscent of 'Julie and Julia', and also since I don't think you can delete me here. But as a personal request, even though I like your scruffy, rugged look....can you please shave by Thanksgiving so I can have a proper hug? (And yes, this is the author's mother)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just for the record, I can delete it...but I won't. And don't worry I don't think the beard will make it to Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete